Blondies, Buses, and Brittany
I HAVE MY FIRST PRODUCTION MEETING TOMORROW. But more on that in a bit.
I’ve been cleaning my room thoroughly, getting rid of bags and bags of clothes and junk in prep for re-doing it. The carpet is going to be ripped up; the walls will be painted red. I’m going for a subtle theatre-theme (big surprise, right?!), but nothing over the top. My mother and I found some neat track lighting that is pretty neat. Each light looks like this. The accent colors will be black and, at Leah’s suggestion, white. Classic and a kind of grown up.
P.S. My epic Harry Potter door came down… in one piece.
Not to mimic my sister’s vegan cooking blog, but I’ve been dabbling in healthy cooking/baking/living… a little. Let’s start with dessert.
I would highly suggest trying this vegan snickerdoodle blondie recipe, but only if you don’t mind cooking something with a ton of fat in it. There’s a ton of butter and oil and sugar and other wonderfully unhealthy things, but the point is—IT’S DELICIOUSLY VEGAN!
I am also fully appreciating having a home kitchen with fresh ingredients and a blender, allowing me to “indulge” in super-healthy smoothies almost every day. I use frozen strawberries and mango puree from Trader Joe’s, orange juice, and a whole banana. Perfection.
Couple that will a veggie medley Boca burger and I am one happy camper.
Okay, so, this internship. To prevent excessive dropping off and picking up for my parents, I decided to conquer the public transportation system. This led to an adventure with Leah to boost my confidence in being able to travel using this method. Therefore, we spent the day galavanting around the state via bus. Here’s us at the start:
Once we had reached our destination, we went for a long stroll to figure out what kind of stuff was in the area around the theatre. Our answer: nothing but schools and houses in walking distance. Nothing, that is, until we found a Dunkin’ Donuts, and decided that indicated civilization.
Evidence that we found it:
Cool-looking, right?! Then we shopped and bought adorable $10 dresses and $2.80 earrings and were happy.
I get to do the whole trip again tomorrow on my own. O.o
In other news, I’ve also caught up on the finales of the few shows I follow. And so the spoilers begin.
My analysis/random thoughts concerning the Make It or Break It finale (second hour, as I’m watching it for the second time right now):
- Lauren: The definition of someone lacking redeeming qualities.
- “It just—uuuh—just popped out!” Payson on word vomit. I love her.
- Although an on-medication hospital confession may be the most cliché thing ever, I’m going to say that MioBi stole it from Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. “Er-my-nee”.
- How come the other Americans don’t get any showcasing? I wanna know about them.
- Yeah, Kaylie. Stop acting like a bloody prom queen.
- Right before the commercial break when they’re all fighting and it shows them from above, they all have their right leg crossed over their left.
- Really? A press gathering?
- (1st Vault-) Dear Payson, STOP GETTING HURT.
- (2nd Vault-) Dear Payson, ily.
- [The Asian lady in the front row is my favorite during Payson’s 2nd Vault.]
- “You’re on fire today, so go. Get it.” -Kelly Parker to Kaylie.
- I immediately downloaded the song in the background during Kaylie’s floor routine. It’s bamf in a girlie way.
My analysis/random thoughts concerning the Glee finale (as I watched it):
- I’m in love with Brittany’s cup song.
- The New York song was dumb… was that an original or is it an existing song? I mean—“Other cities make me feel like a dork”—…really?
- KURT IS MY FAVORITE.
- Stupid, crappy editing to abridge “Changed for Good”, but holy unexpected key change, Batman!
- Quinn gets to join our Frantic and Dramatic Hair Cut Club!
- Why is everyone in NYC so understanding…?
- Everyone loves an effing group hug. :)
- Their original songs are lovely; the girls’ dresses are lovely; I am enjoying this.
- In general, however, I have to be a realist: They wrote these song’s lyrics and music, memorized it, choreographed it, etc. all in a matter of… 24 hours?
- I’m dubbing the term Glee-cest, as in everyone’s with everyone in a tangled web.
- I have the same piercings as Brittany in my left ear as her right ear.
- It’d be fun to sit on the floor of a library and chat.
- What does “Good on ya!” mean?
P.S. My dog says, “HI.”